First day in the capital!



The train arrived on the right time i.e. at 6:03 am in morning of September 1, 2015. My brother helped me in settling the luggage in my coach and gave a warm hug with wishes. I was silent for a while. Later, to change my mood, I took out a book from my bag and it was titled ‘The Power of Now’ by Eckhart Tolle.

It is very clear from the title of the book that what it would be all about. I started reading the first chapter which described the power of living in the present moment. That gave me a little relief and boosted my mood. I enjoyed the journey and reached New Delhi railway station at 11:15pm. Hired the coolie as the two bags were bloody heavy, waited for my friend- who was one of the key reasons behind my decision to shift. Settled luggage in a cab and reached my accommodation in around 1 hour. On the way I was witnessing Delhiites, their busy life and fast moving vehicles. And I said inside ‘This is it’!

The family that rented me an independent room served us with a delicious lunch. From here, you can guess how good they are! Well, actually they are seriously kind! After filling our tummies, I started unpacking my bags. It took me around two hours to settle everything in my room. After clicking pictures of room, I shared those with my family and friends and gained a little appreciation for settling everything so nicely. The whole day went in settling, talking with a friend who accompanied me and in interacting with a new family- the landlords which include a father, a mother and two innocent kids.


I thanked God for everything and slept with a positive hope and excitement of joining my new office, new colleagues and new system. 

Comments

Popular Posts