Strict and Polite- Rupal Patel aka Kokila Modi

Rupal Patel aka Kokila Modi
When I entered the set of hit daily soap on Star Plus ‘Saath Nibhana Sathiya’, my eyes were all set to see Kokila Modi, aka Rupal Patel. I was little nervous because of her on-screen bold presence, but undoubtedly she was my and ‘wade-ami’s favorite. Thus, I was curious to meet her. She was sitting on the sofa in her lobby, script in her hand, and looked at me when I was greeting other cast. She was the only one of whom I took the blessings by touching her feet and said her ‘aap mahaan ho’! She smiled and then it was all normal like a family.

Let me tell you dear readers. She is totally opposite of what she is on-screen. Sweet and humble is what I could say for her. After she completed her take, we had one-on-one interaction, sitting near the dining table.

Famous for her long bindis and lot of make up on screen with a strong and bold character, Rupal Patel publically known as Kokila Modi of daily soap Saath Nibhaana Saathiya interacts with Kanwarpreet S Narula and reveals about her likes and dislikes.

Your background
I am born and brought up in Mumbai. I am a graduate from National School of Drama. I feel that it's better to have some training before getting started as it always aids you in long run. Earlier I had two options- either to become a lawyer or an actor. So my first priority was to give a shot for acting and luckily I got selected in my first auditions I gave.

How did it all start?
As I mentioned I was interested in two things. Lawyer because I can speak, argue and prove my point very well and actor because all these traits are needed for an actor too. But I preferred acting and when I gave my first auditions for movie I luckily got selected and had my debut in movie of Mr. Sham. Later many offers came my way and similarly got a break in serials too in my first show ‘Jaane Kya Baat Hui’. I had also done a lot of Gujarati theatre and also got popular after being a part of a Gujarati serial ‘Sau Dada Sasuna’.

Kanwarpreet S Narula and Rupal Patel
Your launch pad
Movie ‘Antarnaad’

Your sexiest asset
My Smile and Eyes

Favourite attire
I feel comfortable in jeans and tees. I don’t like being in saarees in my real life as I wear in at my shoots for almost whole day!

If you were stranded on an island, who would want there with you
In any case I would love to be with my son ‘Harshit’. Reason being we are very close to each other and being a single son of mine he is special to me

Did you set out to be famous or it just happened
Definitely I wanted to be. I think for every actor name, fame and money are the necessary things to achieve and there should be no hesitation in denying this fact

If you were to bring one person alive from history, who would it be?
Shiva Ji… because he was very bold and courageous like me. He conquered what he wished to and I want him back in the form of a politician so that he could bring more revolutions in the today’s time where the world is lacking in almost every field

Your favourite cuisine
Home-made Pure Vegetarian food

What do you like about Punjab?
I love Punjabi movies that depict entire Punjabi culture and traditions. Besides love having makai ki roti and a glass of chilled lassi

Your interests....
I love to read (literature) and write besides acting

Any causes you stand for
I always support orphan children especially girls

How can we keep the Punjabi culture intact?
I agree somewhere the culture is deteriorating among youth of today and it is only possible to keep it intact by respecting your elders. How much you get modern you must not forget speaking your mother tongue. You should try to eat, speak and wear Punjabi

Favourite shopping destination
Mumbai anytime because I am not brand conscious and I pick whatever I feel like and which suits my pocket also

Your message for the youth
What your brain thinks must match with what your heart feels. You should not act like double-face people and must fulfill the responsibilities given to you among your family and friends

Comments

Popular Posts