‘I love being called a Cricketer only’: Harbhajan Singh


Cricketer Harbhajan Singh

Cricketer Harbhajan Singh aka Bhaji, has made not only Jalandhar, but entire India proud of him. He is undoubtedly a multi-talented personality. Besides good on pitch, he is a great dancer as well as a singer too. Speaking to him over telephonic conversation was a nice experience. I covered him during the days when he gave his voice for a song ‘Meri Maa’. On the whole, Bhaji claims to be known as a cricketer only.

Harbhajan, the very first question would be, why did you decide to sing?

Well, it was never planned. Actually when I heard the song for the very first time, the lyrics touched my heart and I couldn’t resist myself. Initially, the lyricist Sanjay Glory wanted me to act in the video and asked to try to sing one-two lines. I did, but then I couldn’t stop myself to sing the entire song. Even I was astonished when it came out so well. People would related themselves to this song to the larger extent

What about acting then? Is that too by chance?

Yes, you can say that! I did movie ‘Paji in Trouble’ for the sake of friendship as I and Akshay Kumar are good friends. I did a small cameo role of a Police Inspector. It’s a comedy flick whose shooting has been completed and would be released soon in theaters.

Besides being a cricketer, you are now an actor, singer and dancer as well! Which field you cherished the most?

I want to clear one thing here that ‘I am a cricketer and love being called as Cricketer only’. I am very thankful to God who gave me such wonderful opportunities to represent my country. Cricket has given me everything. Dancing was just a part of entertainment. Singing because I loved the lyrics and acting because of my friends. Above all, I am very happy being a cricketer only and want to pursue it forever and whole-heartedly

Was becoming cricketer your childhood dream then?

Yes, of course…. Like most of the kids, I too loved playing cricket in the open grounds and roadside. I guess every budding cricketer starts from it only. To be very honest, I never thought that I would be counted in the list of top Indian cricketers. I always wanted to play sports and cricket was one of the best options to take on. Hence, this firm belief and a power within me helped a lot in achieving what I have today

What is the contribution of Jalandhar in your career and success?

This beautiful city has a significant role to play in the journey of my success till now. Born and brought up in this city, my parents always supported me at every step. They never stopped me from playing cricket. My teachers, friends and well-wishers from city always boosted my morale. It is only this city from where my actual journey initiated

Out of the lot, which is your memorable match?

There are a couple of matches that would always be remembered but yes, winning World Cup 2011 tops the list

Your message for the budding cricketers

Well, continue working hard and follow your dreams with full enthusiasm. Have faith in Almighty, he will surely support you as he has always stored good things for us. Be positive and always respect and seek blessings of your parents as well as elders




Comments

Popular Posts