My favorite ‘22 year old Hot & Sexy Bhua’: Upasana Singh

Actress Upasana Singh
She needs no introduction. Her comic timing is just perfect that automatically tickles the funny bone. She is one and only Upasana Singh aka ‘Bhua’ of entertainment world who shot to fame after a gap with a reality show titled ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’. Born in Hoshiarpur, Upasana has a strong connection with Jalandhar. She stepped into acting when she was just six years old and it was Jalandhar’s Doordarshan that gave her a break as a child artist.

I got an opportunity to meet and interact with her while she was in city for her movie’s shoot. Let me tell you. She is quite pretty and humble woman. Like on-screen, her sense-of-humor off-screen is just too perfect. I loved speaking to her face-to-face in her vanity van.

About the connection with Jalandhar she reveals, “I have started my career from city’s DD. I have done numerous shows here. Then, I have learnt dance from one of the dancing academies here. I visited city a couple of times in my lifetime and it’s quite beautiful city.”

Starting her career in Pollywood with film ‘Badla Jatti Da’ in 1991 as a lead heroine, Upasana didn’t look back since then. She has various hit movies like Loafer, Sarfarosh, Mai Prem Ki Deewani Hoon etc and TV shows like Sonpari, Maayka and the list goes on. Upasana has seen many times donning the hat of ‘Bhua’ in TV shows and movies. Ask her why she often prefers ‘Bhua’ roles and quick she replies. “It’s not a point of preference. The thing here matters is you perform that thing what audience wants to see. When I took up the role of ‘Bhua’ for the first time, it got hit and hence the demand was much that every director/producer wanted me to take up the similar roles. Currently also, I am playing the role of same in a comedy show as well as daily soap. It has become my USP and this is what viewers want to watch.”

Blogger Kanwarpreet Narula in the vanity with Upasana Singh
Sharing about her memorable moments in her entire career odyssey she tells, “There are actually two moments which would be always remembered. I always wanted to work with Sri Dev and Big B. It was my childhood dream in fact which was hence fulfilled. When I did movie ‘Judaai’ in 1996, I got a chance to work with Sri Devi. She speaks less but suddenly she came up to me and started praising me. That was so surprising! Another is when I did a commercial with Amitabh Bachchan. He is quite down to earth personality.”

Besides acting and making people laugh through her punches, Upasana stands for girl’s education and welfare of old age people. She often gets hurt when she sees that her own Sikh religion is not promoted effectively as well as is not intact. Giving a message for the youth Upasana concludes, “I just want to advise youth to promote their religion to a larger extent. I like turbaned guys, so don’t cut your hair as it’s the only true symbol of Sikhism. Besides work hard, chase your dreams and yes, keep watching my films and shows.”

Comments

Popular Posts