This gold medal is for you ‘wade-ami’

Blogger, Kanwarpreet S Narula being honored as Gold Medalist
March 11, 2015- Wednesday remained one of the luckiest days for me. Getting a gold-medal for the very first time in life was like conquering one of my dreams. I bestow this honor to my late grandma (wade-ami) as she was the real inspiration behind my successful journey in academics. She was the one who motivated me to pursue Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication in the year 2012.

Unfortunately, she left me in the middle of the course. It was a set-back for me because she was the only lady with whom I could share almost each and every tiny thing. From watching an idiot box to the outdoor drives, she remained the best company of mine. With God’s grace and positive mindset, I didn’t lose hope and studied well and the result is the ‘gold-medal’ that I managed to bag against the first position in Masters.

As my name was called for the honor during GNDU’s annual convocation; while Governor Punjab and Chancellor Sh. Kaptan S Solanki along with Vice-Chancellor S. A S Brar was holding my medal in their hands; while I was stepping forward, I was just thanking my friend God for making this happen. Inside my mind, I was thanking wade-ami for motivating me and I was feeling like I have made her proud. The feeling was like I’m on the cloud nine!

I know, all up there, she has kept her hand on my head and I’m confident enough that I would still make her proud forever in my life, whether professionally or personally. I’m what she has made me. An independent lad with several principles in life- it is all her teachings in the past 23 years of our physical togetherness. Love you wade-ami! Miss you too much!

Comments

Popular Posts