Rakhi Sawant- Controversy and Drama Queen

Rakhi Sawant
Controversies fame Rakhi Sawant who is well known for her item songs and dramatic approach on screen has established herself in the world of television with her hard work. When I was interviewing her over telephone, she was initially refusing to answer questions but later, she started on. Before I could ask her anything she questioned ‘aap kaunse topic pe baat karna chahte hai’? I giggled and said I want to have a general interview. During our conversation, I found her open-hearted and straight-forward chick who lives her life to her fullest. 

Excerpt:

Your background
I am completely a Mumbai girl who loves to dance and act. Born and brought up in Mumbai itself I attended Goklibai High School in the Vile Parle suburb of Mumbai and later studied at Mithibai College. I have done a lot of hard work confronting numerous struggles in my life. I also had several controversial times. My father who dislikes the film industry was dismayed when entered a profession that he considered disrespectful. My father now lives alone and I am the sole provider for the Sawant family

How did it all start?
I got fame when I was still in school, when Bollywood director Suneel Darshan has cast me for an Item number opposite Govinda in Joru Ka Ghulam. Three years later I auditioned four times before winning my breakthrough Item number Mohabbat hai Mirchi in Chura Liya Hai Tumne in 2003. After that I did small roles and dance numbers as a junior artist in and went unnoticed. It was quite a tough journey for me to make my name. In 2005 I appeared in the music video "Pardesia" and undoubtedly gained popularity for my dancing abilities. After this song, I got various opportunities to get featured in music videos of many other music albums and Bollywood item numbers

Your launch pad
In 1997, I debuted with the unobserved film Agnnichakra as Ruhi Sawant.

Your sexiest asset
Belly that I always shake and people fall for it

Favourite attire
Depends upon my mood

If you were stranded on an island, who would want there with you
I want to be with my Jesus as he is the only true God who maintains peace in me and has showed me a right path from beginning

Did you set out to be famous or it just happened
It just happened with the passage of time and my true dedication towards my work

Your favourite cuisine
I like to eat everything either in Veg or Non-Veg items

What do you like about Punjab?
Obviously I love the nature of Punjabis’ and their culture. Their open hearts that welcomes you is quite fascinating. Besides all their rituals and traditions, their festivals which they celebrate with all dhoom-dhaam

Your interests....
Everybody knows I like to dance

Any causes you stand for
Yes I do stand for numerous causes but I don’t like to talk about them as I believe those should be done and not highlighted

Favourite shopping destination
I love shopping abroad but since everything is now available in India, I guess we can shop from anywhere like malls in Mumbai etc. Still given a chance I love to purchase perfumes and cosmetics from abroad

You walk carrying the tag of ‘item girl’ and ‘drama-queen’. Don’t you ever feel embarrass of it?
Obviously not! Indeed I am quite satisfied that world know me as item girl etc. Why to feel humiliated if your work (my dance) pays you back well. After all what I am today is only because of my item numbers. And yes it’s only the reality, my nature and not drama that I show

You are not considered as a role model for young girls. Comment
Who said? Everyone I met in my life always said that ‘we want our daughter to be like Rakhi’! I guess it’s not only item numbers but everybody is aware of my boldness, straight forwardness and maturity level and I guess that’s what is required to be one’s role model

Your message for youth
Respect your parents, don’t drink and drive as your life is precious for others

Comments

Popular Posts