It was a ‘starry’ birthday bash

Wow! Just wow is an expression that I can denote to the celebrations of my birthday. You become a star on your day with ‘n’ number of phone calls, texts, FB wishes etc. Similar was with me on 8th June 2015. At 12 am in the morning, my brother and bhabi gave a surprise by presenting new branded shoes with a delicious cake. The phone calls started along with the FB wishes. Sleeping at 2:30 am thinking to put phone on general mode, so that I could wake up for gym in the morning, it ranged again a 4am. And this time, it was my good friend Aman’s call from Chandigarh.

Again trying to sleep after attending the call, alarm rings at 5:25am. And I thanked God for waking me up otherwise my Aunty would have killed me because she has cooked home-made cake for me which I was to cut in gym. Finally, it happened. All the gym mates wished me with their blessings. It was such a nice moment. After coming back home, I got ready. Wore new clothes, a saffron color shirt with blue denims, and paid obeisance at Gurudwara. Coming back again at 1:00pm, I headed towards the venue with closest friend Amanpreet, where I had invited my mates for lunch party. The venue as always was same- Soul Karma!

This was the time when I realized that how fortunate I am that I have got so sweet friends around me. They took time out of their busy schedule and attended the party on a working day. At 2:00 pm, friends started coming. The first entry was of Madam Geet from my office, followed by other friends cum colleagues namely Rajneesh Sharma Ji, his wife Madam Rama, Seema Ji, Gagan paji, Adwaita Ji, Maan Aunty, Rajinder Ji, Bhatia Saab, Gurpreet, Arjun, Megha, Mini, Jagminder, Jassi, Richa, Seharaan, Mangla, Abhinav and Kunwar.

After the starters, I cut two cakes again and tried to get away from the so called facial thing. But then you know, you have one such friend in a group who is clever enough. This time, Gurpreet Singh did my facial with cake’s cream. Yuck it was! But then the moment was good. All went well with main course and thanking everybody for coming.

This was the most awaited time. Opening up the presents! LOL! Shirts, tees, perfumes, hand-bag, chocolates etc included in the list of gifts I received.

Between all this, the day passed away with fun and thanking each and everyone on Facebook for wishing me. Before going to nap, I thanked my friend Almighty God for passing my birthday on a positive and high note! 

Comments

Popular Posts