Passionate Dancer: Punit Pathak

After the success of his movie ABCD 2, dance/choreographer turned actor Punit Pathak is on cloud nine. He has played a significant role in the movie and is gaining appreciation worldwide. He shares his journey so far with me over telephone when I covered him after ABCD part 1.

Your background
I belong from a business class family. I have majored in economics and then obviously dance. My dad was against me, he used to feel shy while telling people regarding what I do for living but I followed my dream and today he is proud of me. Later I was with Terrance Lewis for 4 years.  

Your launch pad
‘Nikamma Kiya is Dil ne’ song

How did you get ABCD part one?
Remo Sir called us to his place one day and he very randomly gave us our roles. Obviously, I couldn’t say No to it!

Which dance form is your best?
Contemporary and hip-hop

When did you first start dancing?
My actual first stage performance was during 16- 17 years of age.

Which is the best dance reality show and why?
 It’s “So you think you can dance”. It’s my favorite dance show. I have grown up as a dancer and as a choreographer watching this show. Nine seasons of clean dancing! Amazing

Favourite attire
Shorts! I love being in them

If you were stranded on an island, who would want there with you?
Anyone from the opposite gender

Your high moment in life
DID, Jhalak and then ABCD! Highest point yet to come I guess!

Your inspiration in life
I love to observe. Every single person inspires me whether he is a kid or elder to me

Your favourite cuisine
Mughlai

Your hidden talent
Sketching

What do you like about Punjab?
You should ask what I don’t like! The kind hearted Punjabi’s with huge moustaches! Punjab’s villages along with lassi’s glass and ‘makki di roti’!

Your most embarrassing moment
A fan came up to me requesting me to receive a gift, I wasn’t accepting the gift but then he anyhow convinced me to take it. Later when I uncovered the gift, it was a nail cutter in it with a note to cut my nails. He told, ‘ye lo nail cutter aur kato nails’. I was so embarrassed.

Your message for the youths
Live life to the fullest! Follow your dreams. Believe in yourself and if you do, then don’t believe in anyone.


Comments

Popular Posts