NepalQuke and my Emotions

“It’s easy to feel sorry for during the first week or so, when the media is full of images of what’s going on, but their misery will go on, much longer.” Lucky are those who are saved in the tragic incident of earthquake in Nepal (NepalQuke), claiming around 4000 lives. The untimely death of a thousand of victims is unacceptable. The mothers and fathers of their children; the wives of their better-halves and vice-versa must be in pain that I can’t even imagine!

Feeling quite sad over the whole incident! When the news of tremors in Northern India were doing round the corners, most of us were busy cracking jokes or uploading FB statuses that ‘mazza a raha hai’; ‘itne ache jhoole mile baithe bithae’ and many more. But at the same time, the innocent lives got missing, some dead, few injured and many unaware of what has actually happened to them and to their properties.

I’m glad to hear the news of Indian NDR force reaching Nepal and contributing in saving the lives. I am honored that relief funds have been providing by US and other regions. But the most touching was when I came to know about a couple of NGO’s and other bodies like team of Golden Temple sending the lac packets of meals to the residents of Nepal. I actually salute the spirit of Indians and the ruling authorities that they at least showed their soft corner of their heart and stepped forward in order to help the needful.

Next, I am confused! It is said ‘Jo hota hai ache ke liye hota hai’; ‘Jiski Jitni Likhi hai usko utni life milni hai’ and other ‘n’ number of phrases. Are these deaths due to natural calamities happening for good? The innocent lives that came to a standstill were the part of their so-called kismet? To which I have concluded that yes, our destinies have already been written by my friend God, but there is no power that can stop such natural calamities as depicted in OMG Bollywood movie in which the insurance company refuses to pass Kanjibhai’s claim as the shop was not covered against “act of God” (or a natural calamity).

I remain always positive for the things happening around me. Though I can’t say that the deaths in this heartrending incident lost for the good yet I would surely pray for the grieved families as well as for the departed souls to rest in peace.

Comments

Popular Posts