Most embarrassing moment was when girls screamed, 'Ayushmann I want your sperm', deems,Ayushmann Khurrana

Actor Ayushmann Khurrana and Blog Owner Kanwarpreet S Narula
It was the time when the most wanted hot shot ‘roadie’ of B-town industry, though married (oh unlucky girls!) was sitting in front of me. Yes, he was none other than the dimple boy Ayushmann Khurrana who owns various tags under his belt like RJ, VJ, Actor and singer. Wearing the yellow smart tee with blue denims, he was looking quite lean than on-screen presence.

Quite down to earth and polite in interacting, he gave me his 15 minutes for one-on-one interaction and I was like having endless questions to ask. But, due to the time constraints, I restrained myself. Overall the conversation went so well in which he shared about his past movies when he made his debut and why he opted his first movie to be something unconventional 'Vicky Donor'!

Edited conversation excerpts:

Tell me something about your background!

I belong to beautiful city Chandigarh. I studied at St. John’s High School and DAV College in Chandigarh. I majored in English Literature and have done Masters in Mass Communication from School of Communication Studies, Panjab University. I was always interested in acting so was a regular participant of theatre items during school and college times. I went to Mumbai in 2003. It was entirely a beautiful and sweet journey of my career. I never dreamt to become a one show star like everyone does. They achieve one tag and start thinking themselves stars. My journey was entirely different. I prepared myself completely before entering into movies etc. If not acting, or VJ etc then I would have become a journalist or a singer

How did it all start?
During my college days, I use to take part in declamations, public speaking etc. I was in sixth standard when I showcased my skills in a play organized. In 2004 ‘Roadies’ happened. I luckily won the title of being called a Roadie. I came back to Chandigarh because I don’t want to leave my studies etc. I got more involved in street plays etc, polished my acting skills. I became a VJ with passage of time and finally was completely prepared to step into city of dreams- Mumbai in 2008. And then after hosting numerous shows I made my debut in a movie ‘Vicky Donor’ which was a huge success

Your launch pad
MTV Wassup - The Voice of Youngistaan

Your sexiest asset
Undoubtedly my ‘Dimples’

Favourite attire
Love being casual, involving jeans, tees and shirts! Rest depends upon occasions

If you were stranded on an island, who would want there with you
If I would take any other name then it would be wrong, but seriously I would love to spend time with my adorable wife Tahira. Yes, I am actually married. I met her 12 years back - she was a family friend in Chandigarh. We studied Journalism together too. So I guess I am left with no other option to remain on island with!

Did you set out to be famous or it just happened
It just happened provided my hard work and sincerity towards my passion of being a VJ, RJ and an actor and recently a singer too

Your favourite cuisine
Besides Punjabi tadka, I love having Mughlai Food

What do you like about Punjab?Obviously large-hearted and down to earth people! There are bunch of Punjabi’s in Mumbai also and some are very good friends of mine so I love being with them as they are not at all selfish and whatever they do they do purely from heart

Your interests....
Music is my passion besides all! And recently you guys have heard my song ‘Paani Da Rang’ in my movie

How can we keep the Punjabi culture intact?
Punjabi culture has never been diluted. It is famous worldwide and it is proud to say that India is dominated by Punjabi’s. Though we are becoming modern yet we are Punjabi’s from inside!

Favourite shopping destination
Dubai Anytime

Your most embarrassing moment
It was the most embarrassing moment for me when recently I and my mom went to a mall in Mumbai. There, a young girl saw me and suddenly started screaming ‘Ayushmann I want your sperms’… That was the most embarrassing one as everybody started staring at me and I was all ashamed and just ignored and went on! I hope such incidents do not happen in my city and Punjab

Why Vicky Donor as debut?
Well I was in search of strong and a different topic to act upon and I felt Vicky Donor to be the best one! The theme of movie was quite bold and needed to be discussed in a light manner. Sperm donation is very common in India, but people don't talk about it. It's high time now, it's 2012 - people should talk about it and be comfortable with the subject.

Your message for the youth
I will just say ‘Follow your dreams’, execute them well and work towards it!

Note: The interview was originally published in The Times of India supplement, Jalandhar Times.

Comments

Popular Posts