Punjab lad Puneet Gulati going global

Mr. Melbourne 2013, Puneet Gulati
Mr. Melbourne 2013, a handsome and smart lad has made Jalandhar and whole Punjab proud by getting recognition globally as a model and actor. He has worked in various short films as well as music videos and has recently made a debut in Punjabi music video titled ‘Beparwah’. I got an opportunity to interact with this global personality!

Tell us something about your background
Born and brought up in Jalandhar, I always wanted to be an actor and to marry Karisma Kapoor. Somehow the latter one is not possible now but I have started taking steps towards fulfilling the former one. My parents especially my father didn’t want me to step into glamour industry but now as I have started doing well, his expectations are high now.

When and why did you decide to shift in Australia?
In 2007, my father offered me two options for my career- either to join family business or to move Australia and study. Hence, without giving a second thought I chose second option as I wanted to pursue my dream. I moved there, did Diploma in IT software Development and after a span of time, switched to community service.

Your launch pad
Mr. Melbourne 2013, I was one of the Indians from South Asian Community who participated among other South Asian communities and hence fetched the title

Share your experience of getting titled as ‘Mr. Melbourne’
The experience has been overall superb and different. Taking part was unplanned. It gave an immense feeling of pride to represent my nation and culture. The whole journey has been outstanding, memorable and adventurous at the same time. I am still enjoying the title with due respect from people.

Why didn’t you try for Indian beauty pageants?
I was in Melbourne with a tight schedule. If given a chance then I will surely try for Indian film industry. After getting titled as Mr. Melbourne, my eyes are all set at Mr. World now.

Do you think you have made Punjab proud?
Yes surely I think that I have made my Punjab proud of me. The pride is showed through the respect people give me, through the blessings showered on me from my elders. People have started recognizing me here. Above all, I have won my father’s trust which is most important achievement so far.

Your interests

Besides acting and modeling, I love writing poetry for the peace of my mind. I have also written poetic lines in form of dialogues in my short films.

Arrange in descending order- Body, Looks, Communication Skills & General Knowledge
Communication skills; Body; Looks and General Knowledge

Two changes you want to see in city
If started doing comparison of both countries then a long list will be created. As far as city is concerned then I would rather want to see better condition of roads and proper traffic management. If these two will be systematically done, then half of the civic problems would be solved.

Your take on casting couch
Casting couch purely exists everywhere. I am fortunate enough that I didn’t experience it so far. Moreover, in Australia I have never heard about it through anyone’s mouth. Rest, it depends on one’s need.

Your future plans
My eyes are always on Bollywood, but I want to be an IIFA awardee. I have already started preparing my speech for it. Rest, few short films are under pipeline and hope would be completed soon.

Note: The interview was originally published in The Times of India supplement, Jalandhar Times.

Comments

Popular Posts