Personality Personified- Vishal Singh

Actor, Vishal Singh
Talk to him and you will feel that you are talking to a very polite and down-to-earth personality who is quite humble and sweet. Yes, I’m talking about one of the pleasing on-screen personalities of small screen, Vishal Singh, publically known as Jigar of well-known daily soap Saath Nibhaana Saathiya! When I met him for the first time at his set, the atmosphere was so warm, didn’t look like that we met for the very first time. In fact, the entire star cast of the soap welcomed me with a kind gesture.

I will share the interviews of the stars of the show in a series. Let me share about Vishal Singh today. Without any second thought, he owns a perfect personality with fantabulous dressing sense. I often call him cutie of Punjab! Ya, Punjab, he belongs to Bathinda.

Here is a candid conversation with him! (Published in Times of India- Punjab)

Tell us something about your background
I am born and brought up in Bathinda, Punjab. I did my graduation in Arts. I was very dumb in studies, but was favourite of my teachers that worked in my favor. After graduation, I started working in an Event Management Company of Delhi.

How did it all start?
I was never interested in acting as I belong to a business class family. Never took part in any acting competition even. It was just a chance that I got selected in auditions that I gave in Mumbai because I was forced by my mother. As I was working with an event management company, I went for an event only in Mumbai where my dear mother compelled me to go for auditions taking place nearby that time and I never knew that I would be selected for the show

Your launch pad
My first public appearance was in my debut show on Sony ‘Kuch Is Tarah’ daily soap, besides, in ‘Kasam Se’

Your show has completed several years now! How does it feel to be a part of super-hit show?
Obviously it feels so blessed as well as lucky at the same time to be a part of the show which is doing so well since long time. I have observed a drastic change in my acting. I have been groomed enough in this long period of the show

Are you not bored of doing the monotonous things for long time in same show?
Well, sometime it feels so, but it gets recovered when you get good money out of it. The way audience has accepted me is touching. The show has given me a lot, from huge TRP to travelling the countries abroad

What do you like the most about Bathinda?
Everything! It would be quite tough to pick any single thing out of the lot. I still have my own home there that I won’t sell for ever because my entire childhood, schooling, college etc have been spent there. Still, when I was there I loved paying homage at ‘Kile Wala Gurudwara’. My mind gets peace whenever I visits there

(L-R) Vishal Singh, Kanwarpreet S Narula and Gia Manek
Favourite attire
I usually get bit confused when it comes to my attire. Well, I have maximum clothes in white and blue. So you will mostly find me in white shirts and blue jeans

If you were to bring one person alive from history, who would it be?
Undoubtedly, it would be none other than Bhagat Singh. I have a great respect for him and his deeds. Our country again needs a revolution and Anna Hazare initiated it, I truly support the cause he stood for

If you were stranded on an island, who would want there with you
Beautiful and talented ‘Sonam Kapoor’… I would love to interact with her anytime

I have heard that you are an international shopaholic?
I absolutely love shopping.  I have had a fascination for fashion and clothes ever since I was a kid and so wherever I go, I have to shop.  Some of my favorite countries to shop include the US and UK and in India I love shopping at Palladium

Any causes you stand for
Whenever I get time I definitely contribute for children of one deaf and dumb school in Bathinda and I love to aid orphan children

How can we keep the Punjabi culture intact?
I don’t think that our Punjabi culture is diminishing anywhere rather it is growing. Youth is lovingly take part in Bhangra’s and other cultural related activities which creates a feeling of Punjabi culture

Your favourite cuisine
Yummy ‘Aalu ke Paranthe’… I love eating them anytime

Your interests
I love sketching besides acting and watching movies especially Hollywood stuff

Your belief in God….
I very much believe in God. God is one but I am a follower of ‘Sherawali Mata’. Rest, have faith in every religion and no discrimination should be done

Your best asset
Chicks say that I am cute enough!

Your message for the youth
Friends you are so lucky to live in Punjab! You must be proud of it and secondly support your parents forever as there is no other person who would support you in your rough time, not even your proud friends



Note: The interview was originally published in The Times of India supplement, Jalandhar Times.

Comments

Popular Posts