Turbanators- The Next Fashion Thing for Men

Karan S Chhabra
Just Wow! This is an expression that I always give when I see turbanators doing well in the fashion industry. These Sikh guys are giving a perfect answer to all the jokes being cracked over Sikhs. Meet a known face of fashion industry, my friend who is a complete Punjabi, belonging to Chandigarh, Karan S Chhabra.

A model who always got annoyed watching Surds doing comic roles only is trying his best in order to become an inspiration for young Punjabis’. He is one of the top Sikh models who have walked ramp for various renowned designers and also have done numerous print shoots. ‘I am a media’s darling’ believes Karan as everyone’s eye keep on waiting to see him walking the ramp and rocking the show.

His commercial success in fashion modeling has made many youngsters don the turban look and carry forward their culture and roots.

Being a Sikh myself, I was privileged interacting with him telephonically-

Tell us something about yourself?
An Electronics and Communication engineer by qualification and model by choice. I am basically from Chandigarh and did schooling from YPS, Mohali and Engineering in ECE from Rayat-Bahra engineering College, Punjab.

Being an engineer, why did you opt for modeling?
Education is a must and I wanted a professional degree which would secure my future. Modeling is a passion and when your passion becomes your profession there’s nothing that can stop you.

Comment- Changing scenario of introducing surd actors and models in Bollywood and fashion industry
The trend is changing and is getting commercial acceptance. Take an example, a Punjabi song is always a big hit in a commercial Bollywood movie which caters to national audience. So is Punjabi ‘tadka’ in serials and TVC’s.

Any cherish able memories from your modeling career so far?
There have been a lot. Getting praised after a show is always encouraging. Fashion weeks come with a hectic day and a happening post party in the night. Print shoots and TVC’s can be a little boring.

Your style quotient
My personal favorite dressing style would be something very casual like a tee and denims and for a semi formal occasion I will choose a coat paired with jeans. Turban of course is the most important part of my dressing.

What preparations you did prior stepping into field of fashion industry/modeling?
No preparations. I just liked getting my pictures clicked and when you start getting paid for it, it’s quite amazing! On a serious note, I just started with a contest, won it and went gradually from there.

How do you feel when your fellow youngsters look up to you and want to have a turban look?
It just can’t be explained in words. This is something I have always been promoting. I am sure they can look more good and elegant than ever. With this also comes more sense of responsibility and encouragement

Your message for future of nation
Realize what you are best in, use it as your USP and the rest will be history

Comments

Popular Posts