Proud to be the part of ‘Veera’: Vishavpreet Kaur

Actress, Vishavpreet Kaur.
Punjabi ‘kudi’ Vishavpreet Kaur is on cloud nine.  Essaying the role of ‘Bansari Kaur’ in the hit daily soap ‘Veera’ she feels lucky to be the part of the show. In a chit-chat with Kanwarpreet S Narula, Vishavpreet shares about her journey till now.

Your background.
 I was born in a small town named Gidderbaha in district Mukatsar. I grew up with my parents in our village (Bidowali). I have a joint family and we are two brothers and two sisters. Unfortunately I lost my father few years back in an accident and that incident shattered my family, a gap which can never be filled. I started my education in girl’s senior secondary school Badal. I am a creative person who love to do creative things, so after completing my school I did my degree in fashion designing from Chandigarh.

How did it all start?
I am the kind of person who believes in destiny and fate, I believe that nature always gives us signals for everything; all we have to do is to believe it and follow the signals. After completing my fashion designing, I started my own boutique in Chandigarh, I thought my life is sorted but it didn’t do well as I expected, I was left disappointed but second thought was that may be destiny have some better plans for me and keeping that faith strong in my mind, I stepped to Mumbai where I gave my first audition and was selected and rest is the history.

Your launch pad.I joined Jaspal Bhatti’s acting school to polish my acting skills which really helped me. He was my first director and co-artist in their show  ‘Thanku jijaji’. I still remember after my first shot he praised me saying ‘tum bahut achi actor ho, bahut aage tak jaogi’ thanks sir for your blessings…

Your favorite cuisine.
Sizzlers

How did you get Veera? Why did you say yes to the show?
I got this show through regular auditions as they wanted a Punjabi ‘kudi’. I found the character of ‘Bansuri’ very interesting with lot of shades in it and it was a good opportunity for a new actor to show her talent by doing such characters, but let me clear, I am poles apart from Bansuri.

How does it feel to be a part of one of the number one shows of TV?Just ‘Wow’… it's amazing, I can't express in words. This show is very close to my heart as it has provided me a perfect platform and recognition.

Most embarrassing moment of your life
At one of my friend’s wedding, I went to use loo and when I came out I realized that it was men’s toilet and thus, nothing can be more embarrassing.

What do you like about Punjab?
Just by the name you get a big smile on your face, I m proud to be a Punjabi. This state has given so much to our country also, it's vibrant, and people are very warm and kind by heart.... As they say, ‘Punjabian da dil bahut wadda hunda hai’ and I would love to born again as Punjabi.

Future plans
I completely believe in present and live each and every moment to the fullest. So I don't really plan for future but yes I would always do my work with dedication and want to grow as a good actor and want to make my family and friends proud, who were always there when I was disheartened.
 
Message for the youth
It’s very good to dream big and try for your dreams but if by any chance you don't make please don't get frustrate yourself and do wrong things which are becoming very common these days. Just have faith in you and your destiny, there is always something special plan for everyone, losing in one chapter doesn’t make you a loser in life, stay happy, stay blessed.

Note: The interview was originally published in The Times of India supplement, Jalandhar Times

Comments

Popular Posts